Pricing and Marketing Inclusionary On-site or Off-site BMR Units
All units offered as a part of a project's Inclusionary Housing Program obligation through Planning Code 415 et. seq. must be priced and marketed through the Mayor's Office of Housing and Community Development. The pricing and marketing requirements of the Inclusionary Housing Program are described more fully in the City and County of San Francisco Inclusionary Affordable Housing Program Monitoring and Procedures Manual 2013. Developers and their agents should be aware of the fact that fair and open accessibility to all eligible and targeted buyers or renters is very much a part of the community’s concerns and the City’s goals for the Inclusionary Housing Programs. Developers should select marketing agents who will be successful in representing the developer in this aspect.
All Inclusionary Housing Program units must be marketed and rented or sold at the same time as market rate units in the building or at the same time of any "off-site" principal project. MOHCD recommends that the marketing process begin no later than 6 months prior to the receipt of the building’s first certificate of occupancy. Please note that the process of pricing Inclusionary units and completing and reviewing a developer's marketing plan may take up to 60 days depending on the nature of the project.
(1) Document Review
- Carefully review the recorded Notice of Special Restrictions (NSR) for the Building that references the Conditions of Approval for the Inclusionary Housing Program obligation. Your correct NSR will include floor plans that show the location of the Inclusionary Units. If you do not have this NSR, your first step is to work with your assigned to Planner to record it against the property.
- Inclusionary Program Procedures Manual: City and County of San Francisco Inclusionary Affordable Housing Program Monitoring and Procedures Manual PDF
- Lottery Preferences and Procedures Manual: Preferences Manual - 3.31.2017.pdf
- Income Limits for Inclusionary Housing Progam Units: 2017 AMI-IncomeLimits-HMFA_04-21-17.pdf
- Sample Pricing for Inclusionary Ownership Units: 2017 AMI-PurchaseCalcs-SFOnly_04-21-17.pdf and 2017 AMI-RentLimits-HMFA-ForMOHsf_04-26-17.pdf
(2) Pricing Request
- Pricing Request Form for New BMR OWNERSHIP Units (Word): BMROWNERSHIPPricingRequestForm 05252017.doc (Tip: Save to your own computer before completing.)
- Pricing Request Form for New BMR Rental Units (Word): BMRRentalPricingRequestForm 06-27-2017.doc (Tip: Save to your own computer before completing.)
(3) Marketing Plan
(4) Application Collection
(6) Review Applications
- BMR Ownership Application Review Guidelines - Contact MOHCD for post-lottery lottery instructions.
(7) Lease Signing (Rental Program Only)
In the case of rental BMR units, developers must attach an Inclusionary Housing Program lease addendum to the lease for the BMR unit. Click here for more information.