SoMa Community Stabilization Fund
The mission of the South of Market Community Stabilization Fund is to stabilize the community and promote equity through strategies that mitigate the impact of development.
Our vision is that populations most vulnerable to displacement in the South of Market (individuals, families, businesses that serve and employ them, nonprofit organizations, community arts, and educational institutions) are able to live, work and prosper in a neighborhood that is safe and culturally and economically diverse.
- All South of Market neighborhood residents have access to information and can be involved in the decisions that affect their lives in the South of Market Community and beyond.
- All its residents, low-wage workers and small community-serving businesses can contribute to and benefit from the South of Market Community.
- Mutual respect and support is practiced by all in the South of Market Community.
Notice of Availability of Request for Proposals
The Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development (MOHCD) and the South of Market Community Stabilization Fund Community Advisory Committee (CAC) are pleased to announce the availability of the Request for Proposals (RFP) for 2015-2017 under the following programs: Neighborhood Community Council; Community Action Grants; Tenant Counseling; Neighborhood and Business Coordination; Fund Development Consultant; School Site Coordinator for Bessie Carmichael School; Financial Literacy for Families and Youth; and Organizational Capacity Building. These programs shall have contract periods ranging from eighteen (18) to twenty-four (24) months, depending on the program. All contract will have a start date of July 1, 2015. Please note that this RFP will not include capital programs. A separate RFP for capital programs will be released in 2015.
The RFP is available electronically on MOHCD’s website at www.sfmohcd.org starting Friday, December 19, 2014. Alternative formats for persons with disabilities will be available upon request to MOHCD’s ADA Coordinator, Eugene Flannery at 701-5598 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All proposals must be submitted by 5:00 pm on Friday, January 30, 2015. The RFP priorities are based on the SoMa Community Stabilization Fund Strategic Plan and are noted below:
- Objective 1: Strengthen community cohesion and neighborhood planning
- Objective 2: Support economic and owrkforce development for low-income residents and businesses that serve the SoMa community.
- Objective 3: Increase access to perpetually affordable housing opportunities for existing SoMa residents
- Objective 4: Improve the infrastructure and physical environment
For the complete RFP and related documents, click below:
The complete Strategic Plan can be found on MOHCD’s website at www.sfmohcd.org.
MOHCD and will conduct two (2) bidder’s conferences to assist interested applicants in assessing the eligibility and scope of proposed projects, and in completing the required elements of proposals. These workshops will be identical in content and will discuss all program areas included in this RFP.
- Friday, December 19, 2014, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
1 South Van Ness Avenue, 5th Floor
- Thursday, January 8, 2015, 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
1 South Van Ness Avenue, 5th Floor
How to contact MOHCD
If you have any questions regarding the RFP, please call Claudine M. del Rosario at MOHCD at 701-5580.
Community Advisory Committee (CAC) Meetings
CAC meetings are held every third Thursday of the month (unless otherwise noticed) at the Mayor's Office of Housing and Community Development, 1 South Van Ness Ave., 5th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103.
For additional information, contact Claudine del Rosario at (415) 701-5580 or email@example.com.
South of Market Community Stabilization Fund