Multifamily Lending Senior Project Manager (due 11/5/2021)
9775 – Senior Community Development Specialist II
The Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development is recruiting for a 9775 – Senior Community Development Specialist II working title Multifamily Lending Senior Project Manager and Lydia Ely is the hiring manager. This is a Permanent Exempt recruitment – three (3) positions are available.
The Multifamily Lending Senior Project Manager position offers the opportunity to coordinate, develop and implement a wide variety of projects, program areas and policy, and operates with considerable independence within a fast moving, exciting and challenging environment. In addition to managing a portfolio of projects, the Multifamily Lending Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading a program area, such as Bond Program, Small Sites and Preservation, or Senior Operating Subsidy.
The Senior Project Manager performs difficult and complex multifamily housing finance work, including but not limited to:
- Coordinating the development and implementation of program areas and housing development activities with other government agencies, private corporations, and community organizations. Contributing to effective program design and assisting with the development of operating procedures and policies, including providing directions to implementing agencies on those policies. Monitoring and evaluating programs and/or projects to ensure compliance and responsiveness to community needs.
- Preparing, reviewing and making recommendations regarding the financing plans and programs, development budgets, construction budgets, operating budgets, timelines, entitlements, service plans, and proposed activities of entities receiving funding to ensure the City’s compliance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations.
- Attending program or project-related meetings when requested and representing the office in explaining and interpreting program policies and objectives as well as their applicability to the City and various communities. Providing technical assistance on program operations and systems, and support to project staff, management, and different key stakeholders.
- Supervising junior staff in carrying out the activities of housing development, as assigned;
- Other duties, as assigned.