Senior Asset Manager (due 11/5/2021)
9775 – Senior Community Development Specialist II
The Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development is recruiting for a 9775 – Senior Community Development Specialist II working title Senior Asset Manager and Jonah Lee is the hiring manager. This is a Permanent Exempt recruitment.
The Senior Asset Manager serves in a lead role on the Housing Division’s Asset Management Team, which focuses on preserving the City’s existing investments in affordable housing. The position reports to the Director of Asset Management under the Housing Division.
The Senior Asset Manager performs many complex multifamily housing duties, including but not limited to:
- Preserving the City’s existing investments in affordable housing through transactional asset management such as refinancing, recapitalization, repositioning, and workouts.
- Monitoring and investigating projects for performance and compliance with a wide range of requirements; enforcing contracts and overseeing completion of remedial actions. Reviewing and making recommendations regarding the programs, financials, budgets, organizational governance, staff capacity, capacity building and proposed activities of entities receiving funds; inspecting buildings and recommending physical improvements.
- Interpreting applicable laws, regulations, and contracts; developing and implementing policies and procedures to improve performance and ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and contracts. Negotiating with prospective and existing sponsors, financing partners, investors, and governmental agencies; collaborating with deputy city attorneys to prepare, review and execute contracts and other necessary documents.
- Collecting data, working with confidential and privileged information and preparing a variety of reports, quantitative analysis, memoranda, and correspondence. Loan servicing, invoicing, collections, and disbursements.
- Communicating with and responding to inquiries from residents, community members, and elected officials.
- Providing technical assistance on program operations and systems, and support to project staff, management, and various key stakeholders.
- Representing MOHCD before interagency committees, City boards and commissions, and other organizations.
- Supervising junior staff in carrying out the activities of housing preservation and asset management, and performing other duties, as assigned.