Certificate of Preference Displacement Addresses

The San Francisco Redevelopment Agency displaced some households living in the Western Addition Area Two (A-2) and Hunters Point, in the 1960s and 1970s. Only members of those displaced households are eligible for the Certificate of Preference (COP).

Being displaced by the SF Housing Authority, or any other agency, does not make you eligible for COP. Not all addresses in Western Addition or Hunters Point are eligible.

To claim a COP, you must prove you lived at an affected address at the time of displacement. See accepted proof of residence »

Confirm your eligibility

If you find your past address on the list and have proof of residence at the time of displacement, confirm your eligibility with MOHCD. You can use our online form or a paper application.

Confirm your eligibility with MOHCD