Homeowner Compliance Monitoring
Every year, homeowners who bought their home through MOHCD must show that they are following program rules. MOHCD will contact homeowners by program, in batches.
We are currently monitoring homeowners who received downpayment loan assistance. If you received downpayment loan assistance, the deadline to send in your forms is Thursday, November 16, 2017, 5pm PST.
You must show that your home:
- Your home must not be rented out on platforms like Airbnb
- Your home insurance policy must include MOHCD as an "additional insured" or "loss payee" on the declarations page: City and County of San Francisco Mayor's Office of Housing and Community Development, Its successors and/or assigns (ISAOA), 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 5th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103
- If MOHCD is not included, please contact your insurance agent to update your policy. MOHCD must be included in your policy before you send us the certification documents.
If you are a participant in the Teacher Next Door or the Police in the Community program, you must also provide a copy of your most recent paystub, to be eligible for total loan forgiveness according to the program.
You must send in:
We are contacting homeowners who are participating in the following loan programs:
- Downpayment Assistance Loan Program (DALP)
- First Responders DALP (FRDALP)
- Educators DALP (EDALP)
- Teacher Next Door (TND)
- Police in the Community (PIC)
Documentation is due on October 5, 2018.
Note that we can't accept questions in-person outside of this information session
Wednesday, September 19, 2018
6pm to 7pm
1 South Van Ness Ave., Room 5080
San Francisco, CA 94103
RSVP by Friday, September 14th by calling (415) 701-5622 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Leave your name, the number of attendees, and a callback number. Please specify your language preference.
Homeowners in certain MOHCD loan programs must send in their documentation by October 5, 2018.
For example, if your address is 2103 Market, unit 301, you would call your file “Market 2103 unit 301” or “Market 2103” if there is no unit number.
Upload your PDF via Sharefile
This is the preferred method. It is the most secure way to send us your documents
How to mail your compliance monitoring documents
If you are unable to send in your documents online, you can mail your documents to:
Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development
Attn: MOHCD Compliance
1 South Van Ness Ave., 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103