SoMa Community Stabilization Fund
The SoMa Community Stabilization Fund Community Advisory Committee is currently seeking qualified members. To apply, please fill out an application which can be found here https://sfbos.org/vacancy-boards-commissions-task-forces. Application instructions are available on the same page. Kindly send a copy of your application to Claudine del Rosario firstname.lastname@example.org and Victor Young email@example.com
Basic guidelines for membership are as follows:
There shall be seven members appointed by the Board of Supervisors as well as seven alternates who shall temporarily serve on the CAC as a voting member when there is a vacancy in the seat or when the seat is filled but the individual holding the seat is absent from the meeting.
No fewer than two voting members and two alternate members shall live within the boundaries of SoMa. Each voting member and each alternate shall satisfy at least one of the following requirements:
- One member representing low-income residents of SoMa.
- One member who has expertise in employment development and/or represents labor.
- One member who is a senior or disabled resident of SoMa.
- One member with affordable housing expertise and familiarity with the SoMa neighborhood.
- One member who represents an arts or cultural organization or a cultural district in SoMa
- One member who provides direct services to SoMa residents
- One member who has small business expertise and a familiarity with the SoMa neighborhood.
- One member who is a youth or who represents a youth-development organization.
The mission of the South of Market Community Stabilization Fund is to stabilize the community and promote equity through strategies that mitigate the impact of development.
Our vision is that populations most vulnerable to displacement in the South of Market (individuals, families, businesses that serve and employ them, nonprofit organizations, community arts, and educational institutions) are able to live, work and prosper in a neighborhood that is safe and culturally and economically diverse.
- All South of Market neighborhood residents have access to information and can be involved in the decisions that affect their lives in the South of Market Community and beyond.
- All its residents, low-wage workers and small community-serving businesses can contribute to and benefit from the South of Market Community.
- Mutual respect and support is practiced by all in the South of Market Community.
How to contact MOHCD
If you have any questions regarding the RFP, please call Claudine M. del Rosario at MOHCD at 701-5580.
Community Advisory Committee (CAC) Meetings
CAC meetings are held every third Thursday of the month (unless otherwise noticed) at the Mayor's Office of Housing and Community Development, 1 South Van Ness Ave., 5th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103.
For additional information, contact Claudine del Rosario at (415) 701-5580 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
South of Market Community Stabilization Fund