Applying for a title change on your MOHCD-supported home
For mixed-income below market rate (BMR) homeowners
You must contact MOHCD if you want to change the list of owners listed on the title of your home. This also applies to homeowners who used former SF Redevelopment Agency (SFRA) programs.
Eligibility for a title change
You can apply for a title change if your household has experienced:
- marriage or state domestic partnership
Applying for a title change
- Title change request letter, dated and signed by all titleholders
- Proof of residency for the person who is being added or removed from the title
- May be current driver license, government ID, paystub, current utility bill, or current lease
- Proof of title change
- For addition: Marriage certificate or state domestic partnership registration
- For removal: Death certificate, divorce decree, dissolution of marriage decree, or dissolution of state domestic partnership decree
- Draft of the Grant Deed, showing how the new title should be held
- Any other documents to support the title change
Upload your documents with Sharefile
Sharefile will ask you to create an account
If you are unable to send in your documents online, you can mail your application to:
Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development
Attn: Loan Servicing
1 South Van Ness Ave., 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
After you request a title change
- MOHCD may take up to 30 days to process a complete title change package.
- We may ask for additional documents.
- We reserve the right to deny a title change request.