MOHCD aims to meet the needs of San Franciscans looking for affordable housing and related services. Hearing from the community is critical to our mission. Your feedback helps us shape our plans and programs for the future.
Participate in our public survey
You have the opportunity to be enrolled in two different raffles for completing the full survey!
Please note that the survey will be available in other languages (Traditional Chinese, Spanish, Filipino, Vietnamese, Russian and Samoan) in late January. Thank you for your patience.
Attend a community forum:
Please note that if you've missed the forum for your neighborhood, you're certainly welcome to attend any of the others!
|Castro (District 8 and District 7)||12/03/18||5:30-7:30pm||Eureka Valley Recreation Center|
|Sunset (District 4 and District 1)||12/10/18||6:00-8:00pm||Ortega Public Library|
|Excelsior and OMI (District 11)||01/16/19||5:30-7:30pm||Balboa High School|
|Tenderloin (District 6)||01/22/19||5:30-7:30pm||Kelly Cullen Community|
|Western Addition (District 5)||01/31/19||5:30-7:30pm||Fillmore Heritage Center|
|SoMa (District 6)||02/05/19||5:30-7:30pm||Bayanihan Center|
|Mission (District 9)||02/13/19||5:30-7:30pm||St. John The Evangelist Episcopal Church|
|Chinatown (District 3 and District 2)||02/19/19||5:30-7:30pm||Telegraph Hill Neighborhood Center|
|Bayview Hunters Point (District 10)||02/20/19||5:30-7:30pm||Dr. George W. Davis Senior Center|
|Visitacion Valley (District 10)||02/26/19||5:30-7:30pm||Visitacion Valley Elementary School|
Plans in development
Every five years, we create three strategic plans to help direct our policies. We invite you to join us in developing this year’s plans. Besides the following opportunities, stay tuned for other ways to get involved!
The Consolidated Plan
- Primary department plan
- Identifies affordable housing and community development needs and priorities
- Guides the use of federal and local funding
Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice
- Looks at fair housing issues, including patterns of segregation
- Examines how these issues can impact access to opportunity
- Influences strategies in MOHCD's other plans
HIV Housing Plan
- Focuses on housing-related programs for people living with HIV
- Manages a number of programs, and funding from both federal and local sources
- Directs the development of new HIV housing initiatives
Approaches and strategies
As part of our process, we use two critical lenses to inform our work:
- The Racial Equity lens looks at our work with a goal of creating a City where someone’s racial identity has nothing to do with successful they are.
- Trauma-Informed Systems engage and support San Franciscans with a history of trauma. We acknowledge the role that trauma has played on their lives. We aim to meet these residents where they are, without judgement.