MOHCD aims to meet the needs of San Franciscans looking for affordable housing and related services. Hearing from the community is critical to our mission. Your feedback helps us shape our plans and programs for the future.
Plans in development
Every five years, we create three strategic plans to help direct our policies. We invite you to join us in developing this year’s plans. Besides the following opportunities, stay tuned for other ways to get involved!
The Consolidated Plan
- Primary department plan
- Identifies affordable housing and community development needs and priorities
- Guides the use of federal and local funding
Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice
- Looks at fair housing issues, including patterns of segregation
- Examines how these issues can impact access to opportunity
- Influences strategies in MOHCD's other plans
- To join the Community Advisory Group for this plan, email email@example.com
HIV Housing Plan
- Focuses on housing-related programs for people living with HIV
- Manages a number of programs, and funding from both federal and local sources
- Directs the development of new HIV housing initiatives
- To join the Community Advisory Group for this plan, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Approaches and strategies
As part of our process, we use two critical lenses to inform our work:
- The Racial Equity lens looks at our work with a goal of creating a City where someone’s racial identity has nothing to do with successful they are.
- Trauma-Informed Systems engage and support San Franciscans with a history of trauma. We acknowledge the role that trauma has played on their lives. We aim to meet these residents where they are, without judgement.