Plans in development
Proposed Strategies Meeting
On August 19, 2019, MOHCD held a meeting at Born Auditorium to provide the community with the proposed strategies for Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development’s (MOHCD) and the Office of Economic and Workforce Development’s (OEWD) five-year strategic planning process. The written report is available below.
Proposed strategies for the Analysis of Impediments (AI) to Fair Housing Choice and the HIV Housing Plan are available as separate documents. Please contact Teresa Yanga at email@example.com for the AI, or Manuel Vasquez at firstname.lastname@example.org for the HIV Housing Plan.
- Proposed Strategies for 2020-2024 Consolidated Plan
- 2020-2024 年綜合計畫的擬議策略
- Estrategias Propuestas para el Plan consolidado 2020-2024
- Mga Mungkahing Stratehiya para sa 2020-2024 Pinagsamang Plano
- Dư Án Đề Xuất cho Kế Hoạch Củng Cố Giai Đoạn 2020-2024
- Прeдлагаeмыe Стратeгии для Сводного плана на 2020–2024 гг.
- Fuafuaga Tau Fa’aofi mo le 2020-2024 Fuafuaga Tu’ufa’atasia
Report Back Meeting
On June 20, 2019, MOHCD held a meeting at Born Auditorium to provide the community with a summary of key findings from community engagement for the Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development’s (MOHCD) and the Office of Economic and Workforce Development’s (OEWD) five-year strategic planning process. The written report is available below.
- Summary of Community Engagement and Key Findings
- Resumen de la Participación Comunitaria y Resultados Clave
- Buod ng Pagpapalahok ng Komunidad at Mahahalagang Napag-alaman
- Kраткий Oбзор Программы по Bовлечению Oбщин и Oсновные Bыводы
- Tóm tắt Gắn kết Cộng đồng và Những phát hiện Chính
- Otootoga ole Faisao ole Vaipanoa ma Manatu ‘Autū na Maua
MOHCD aims to meet the needs of San Franciscans looking for affordable housing and related services. Hearing from the community is critical to our mission. Your feedback helps us shape our plans and programs for the future.
Every five years, we create three strategic plans to help direct our policies. We invite you to join us in developing this year’s plans. Stay tuned for other ways to get involved!
The Consolidated Plan
- Primary department plan
- Identifies affordable housing and community development needs and priorities
- Guides the use of federal and local funding
Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice
- Looks at fair housing issues, including patterns of segregation
- Examines how these issues can impact access to opportunity
- Influences strategies in MOHCD's other plans
HIV Housing Plan
- Focuses on housing-related programs for people living with HIV
- Manages a number of programs, and funding from both federal and local sources
- Directs the development of new HIV housing initiatives
Approaches and strategies
As part of our process, we use two critical lenses to inform our work:
- The Racial Equity lens helps us work to end gaps so that race cannot predict someone's success, and we increase the success of all communities.
- Trauma-Informed Systems engage and support San Franciscans with a history of trauma. We acknowledge the role that trauma has played on their lives. We aim to meet these residents where they are, without judgement.
MOHCD's timeline for developing the 3 plans
Community forums and public survey
Our forums and survey are now complete, but you can view notes from the forums in the chart below.
|Castro (District 8 and District 7)||12/03/18||5:30-7:30pm||Eureka Valley Recreation Center||Combined Notes|
|Sunset (District 4 and District 1)||12/10/18||6:00-8:00pm||Ortega Public Library||Combined Notes|
|Excelsior and OMI (District 11)||01/16/19||5:30-7:30pm||Balboa High School||Combined Notes|
|Tenderloin (District 6)||01/22/19||5:30-7:30pm||Kelly Cullen Community||Combined Notes|
|Western Addition (District 5)||01/31/19||5:30-7:30pm||Fillmore Heritage Center||Combined Notes|
|SoMa (District 6)||02/05/19||5:30-7:30pm||Bayanihan Center||Combined Notes|
|Mission (District 9)||02/13/19||5:30-7:30pm||St. John the Evangelist Episcopal Church||Combined Notes|
|Chinatown (District 3 and District 2)||02/19/19||5:30-7:30pm||Chinatown YMCA||Combined Notes|
|Bayview Hunters Point (District 10)||02/20/19||5:30-7:30pm||Dr. George W. Davis Senior Center||Combined Notes|
|Visitacion Valley (District 10)||02/26/19||5:30-7:30pm||Visitacion Valley Elementary School||Combined Notes|