Plans in development
MOHCD aims to meet the needs of San Franciscans looking for affordable housing and related services. Hearing from the community is critical to our mission. Your feedback helps us shape our plans and programs for the future.
Every five years, we create three strategic plans to help direct our policies. We invite you to join us in developing this year’s plans. Stay tuned for other ways to get involved!
The Consolidated Plan
- Primary department plan
- Identifies affordable housing and community development needs and priorities
- Guides the use of federal and local funding
Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice
- Looks at fair housing issues, including patterns of segregation
- Examines how these issues can impact access to opportunity
- Influences strategies in MOHCD's other plans
HIV Housing Plan
- Focuses on housing-related programs for people living with HIV
- Manages a number of programs, and funding from both federal and local sources
- Directs the development of new HIV housing initiatives
Approaches and strategies
As part of our process, we use two critical lenses to inform our work:
- The Racial Equity lens helps us work to end gaps so that race cannot predict someone's success, and we increase the success of all communities.
- Trauma-Informed Systems engage and support San Franciscans with a history of trauma. We acknowledge the role that trauma has played on their lives. We aim to meet these residents where they are, without judgement.
MOHCD's timeline for developing the 3 plans
Thank you for your interest, but our public survey is now closed.
Our forums are now complete, but you can view notes from the conversation in the chart below.
|Castro (District 8 and District 7)||12/03/18||5:30-7:30pm||Eureka Valley Recreation Center||Combined Notes|
|Sunset (District 4 and District 1)||12/10/18||6:00-8:00pm||Ortega Public Library||Combined Notes|
|Excelsior and OMI (District 11)||01/16/19||5:30-7:30pm||Balboa High School||Combined Notes|
|Tenderloin (District 6)||01/22/19||5:30-7:30pm||Kelly Cullen Community||Combined Notes|
|Western Addition (District 5)||01/31/19||5:30-7:30pm||Fillmore Heritage Center||Combined Notes|
|SoMa (District 6)||02/05/19||5:30-7:30pm||Bayanihan Center||Combined Notes|
|Mission (District 9)||02/13/19||5:30-7:30pm||St. John the Evangelist Episcopal Church||Combined Notes|
|Chinatown (District 3 and District 2)||02/19/19||5:30-7:30pm||Chinatown YMCA||Combined Notes|
|Bayview Hunters Point (District 10)||02/20/19||5:30-7:30pm||Dr. George W. Davis Senior Center||Combined Notes|
|Visitacion Valley (District 10)||02/26/19||5:30-7:30pm||Visitacion Valley Elementary School||Combined Notes|